Friday, November 16, 2007

Wish I may and wish I might

Remember when you were a kid, and you looked up to your president as the "leader of the free world"?

Remember when you were a kid and you felt safe because you were an American?

Remember when you were a kid and you knew the world looked up to us as an example of how democracy should work?

Remember when you were a kid and you weren't quite sure what went on in government, but it worked?

Remember when you were a kid and you learned all about the Legislative, Executive, and Judicial branches of the government, and the way there were checks and balances between the three?

Isn't it too bad that our kids won't be able to have these kinds of memories?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Per your post.

I guess it make myself and the people I know odd ducks, because we AREN'T looking for and voting for "leaders." Sheep look for leaders to follow.

Our desires ARE to be very unsheeplike, and in lead ourselves by finding, voting for, and electing political "representatives" that when seated in office "listen to" and "abide" by the policies demanded by the aggregate body politic irregardless of party.

Anon-Paranoid said...

Now that your back I can move you from on Hiatus back to Blogs I Like.

If we lose our voice by not speaking out we would be much like all the rest of the sheepels.

God Bless.

Windyridge said...

Ain't that the truth. Wander over to my friend's blog "LiberalMom.com". You may enjoy it. I also did quite few antiBush etc posts in the earlier days of my blog.

Thanks for stopping by gizmos

Anonymous said...

See, now that's the great benefit of being Canadian. We never expected such lofty achievements from our politicians. Lower expectations means you're less likely to be disappointed. The funny thing is, even with our lower expectations, we're still often disappointed by our "leaders".

Anonymous said...

Then again, I grew up under the end of LBJ's admin and during Nixon's. So for me, it's sometimes same ol' same ol'.